A smiley piercing is a great option if you’re unhappy with your smile but want to give it some edge. So what is smiley face piercing? What is the purpose of smiley face piercings? This article contains everything you would like to know about the craft, how it is pierced, effects, costs involved and other things you would like to know!
Everything you need to know about smiley face piercing
It’s named so it won’t be seen unless you smile. This is a preferred option for those who prefer an oral piercing that is less noticeable than the lip or mouth. However, the procedure does not work for everyone, which is unknown to many. The frenulum is thin, which puts it at greater risk of being torn or shed. Therefore, it is important to know everything before committing to this process.
Infected smiley face piercing Healing process of the smiley face piercing
- Expect healing to take between 4 and 12 weeks. The mouth heals fairly quickly, but it’s also home to tons of bacteria, so proper aftercare is key to speeding up your healing time.
How long does it take to get used to a smiley face piercing?
- Because of the location, a smiley face piercing can pose a greater risk than a regular piercing. Healthline also advises that there are potential risks of infection due to the friction between teeth and gums caused by jewelry.
How long can a smiley face piercing be left in?
If the person performing the procedure determines that you are capable of doing this, you can begin the procedure. If there are no complications, the procedure only takes a few minutes and is usually very quick. Here are the steps:
- You will be given an antibacterial solution to rinse your mouth and eliminate harmful bacteria.
- After your mouth is clean, you can pull on your upper lip to expose the frenulum.
- The piercing is made with a sterile needle.
- You will insert the jewelry and thread it well to hold it in place and the process is complete.
Is the smiley face piercing painful?
You would expect any form of body piercing to undoubtedly hurt. This type of piercing hurts more when the frenulum has a thin layer. As a result, you will feel a stabbing pain that only lasts for a short time. This is compared to other types of piercing because it has thicker tissue that tends to be less painful.
Do smiley face piercings catch fire easily?
In general, the fleshier the area, the less painful the piercing will be. The jewelry must be worn by the frenulum, which should still be small. This means the piercing may be more painful than a lip or earlobe. It is important to consider your individual pain tolerance.
Healing Time For Smiley Face Piercings
Your mouth tends to heal quickly. This depends on how well your mouth is cared for. Some cases can heal in four weeks. Others can take three months.
It’s a good idea to watch what you eat while you’re resting. You wouldn’t want to eat anything that might irritate your frenulum. It would help if you also avoid smoking and alcohol as this can dry out your mouth and introduce more harmful bacteria.
A smiley face piercing is a great option if you’re unhappy with your smile but want to give it some edge. So what is smiley face piercing? What is the purpose of smiley face piercings? This article contains everything you would like to know about the craft, how it is pierced, effects, costs involved and other things you would like to know!
Everything you need to know about smiley face piercing
Salt rinses are a great way to prevent infection in the area. It’s also important to avoid sharing food or kissing the mouth, as this can spread bacteria.
Smiley Piercing Rings
While the idea of having this type of procedure is tempting, don’t undertake it unless you’re willing to pay for premium jewelry. Titanium and gold are the best materials for these piercings.
While you may not think there is any harm in having cheaper jewelry repaired and changed after a while, there are some consequences. The cheaper jewelry loaded with nickel can cause irritation. Nickel doesn’t necessarily kill you, but it can result in slower healing.
If you do choose gold, make sure you find quality, solid gold jewelry rather than gold plated jewelry, which can chip and encourage infection.
Are Smiley Piercings Safe?
There are many risks associated with body piercing, and not just the smiley face. Although the procedure seems simple and quick, piercing holes in your body can pose serious risks. Here are some of those risks:
- It causes gum damage if placed incorrectly. Gum damage can also be caused by jewelry rubbing against the gums or sitting too high on the gumline.
- Large beads or attachments to jewelry can damage tooth enamel.
- If bacteria get trapped in the piercing area, there is a high chance that you will get bacterial infections.
- The body can shed the jewelry and respond by building up more skin tissue to push the piercing out of the frenulum.
How much does a smiley face piercing cost?
The cost of the procedure depends on several factors. However, it ranges from to depending on your location and the professional you hire. It’s important not to focus too much on price. It’s worth paying more when the experience is more enjoyable, comfortable, and up to your expectations.
Do smiley piercings last forever?
It may not take very long, which is the good thing about this procedure. If you get fed up along the way, you’ll need to remove your jewelry and the hole will close. But it would be best if you didn’t do this until you’re fully healed.
Here’s everything you need to know about smiley face piercing. It is best to seek professional approval before undergoing the procedure. Also, people with an undersized frenulum, braces, gum disease, and tooth sealants are usually discouraged from having the procedure. Briefly.co.za wishes you all the best in your piercing journey.